Started Nov 5, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
terminator3
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
HP Photosmart 715 review
Nov 5, 2003

I owned the camera for almost a year and have had lots of fun taking pictures. Took over 800 and am generally pleased with quality of images. I attempted to take also some portraits photos with excellent results. I printed some of them in 4x6, 5x7 and the quality was excellent.
When printed few at 8x10 noticed some resolution limitations...probably 6MP or better would do. I was using 64 MB CF card and its size I found sufficient - ability to take around 40-50 shots without downloading...
This is a camera for beginner/novice photographer and is fully automatic - so is easy to use. Never have had any problems with the camera, high quality - bravo HP. The same applies to my first digicam from HP 2MP HP315.
The upgrade from 2 to 3 MP was mainly to improve megapixels and add zoom which comes handy in many situations..Lens is excellent, very fast 2.0. Highly recommend the camera to begginer in digital photography.
Compared to other cameras image quality is excellent, flash always right (doesn't overexpose).

Problems:

No problems but some shortcomings:
- in low light focus is slow (so I prefected the technic of focus lock to overcome the issue)
- a bit heavy on batteries
- fully automatic camera - so no control over exposure, would be nice to have at least sports mode with faster shutter speed, maybe IOS control to 200 (but HP replaced that camera with 720 model which addresses most of the issues I'm concerned about).
- slow to upload pictures to the computer (av. 3 highest quality pictures per minute)

terminator3's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow