Started Jan 13, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maroon141
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P32 review
Jan 13, 2004

I have been using the Sony FD92 over the last couple of years at work. I also have used this camera exclusively for my family vacations and other family events.

I wanted a compact, point and shoot camera that I could easily carry around with me vs. the FD92. I used this review site to see if the P32 would work for me.

I like the optical view finder which allows me to turn off the lcd screen to save battery power.
I like the compact nature of the camera
I like the fact that I can use my existing memory sticks.
I like the ease of use when leaving it in full auto
I like the idea of being able to use AA batteries when I am away from home or the hotel. Way better than being stuck with a battery that needs it's own charger.
I like that I can operate the camera with one hand.

This camera has a nice feel in my hand. The little slider thing that covers the lens is nice (better than looking for the manual cover or having the string in your pic). The LCD screen isn't the best, then again, it's just a preview screen.

I've been shooting in full auto for so long that I am having to relearn how to setup the camera for the more challenging shots like sports or low light situations.

This camera has many features that a novice never will look at but it's nice to have them for the more advanced user.

Some of the images will appear to get a little washed out when in low light. Manually adjusting the camera in program mode helps this alot.

The battery life is ok. When on a family trip, just leaving the lcd off will help. When the flash is used and the lcd is left on, it will eat a regular alkaline battery in no time flat.

The camera boots up pretty quick, as compared with my FD92. The images are way better than what I am used to in a digital camera also.

The time to take a shot and record it is very fast which allows for some of those quick shots that come and go so fast. Then again, it's not as fast a regular 35mm, then again, we are comparing apples to oranges.

The controls are easily learned and with just a little time, you can figure them all out and be able to control all of it with just one hand.

I got this camera in January of 03 for $179 at Circuit City...couldn't believe the price at a regular retail store. All in all, this camera gives me all the bang I need in a small point and shoot camera.

Problems:

The only problem I have had so far is learning how to manipulate the camera for low light shots so that the people don't get washed out by the flash. Then again, the beauty of digital is that you can shoot and shoot until you get it right.

maroon141's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow