Started Jan 15, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
seanM
Contributing MemberPosts: 517
Like?
Konica KD-510 Zoom review
Jan 15, 2004

Bought this camera as a carry-everywhere backup to my Sony F717,and have been delighted with the image quality,design and feel of the camera.If you're after a (very) compact camera that takes sharp,detailed images,look no further.
I ordered mine from pixmania.com,and it arrived within a few days by DHL.Very good service.
Image quality rivals that of the F717,but without having to do any post-processing.The 717 usually requires levels and curves adjustment,and a fair amount of sharpening.With the Konica,levels appear to be spot-on:I think this is to do with the white balance?Anyway,the KD510's images really do look very good straight from the camera,and require much less sharpening.A little bit of unsharp mask really brings out the detail in the image.I also like the speed of the camera - very quick to start up,and minimal shutter lag.I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to Jim Cockfield for all his advice.I'm glad I decided on this camera.

seanM's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow