ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jon Dew
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Minolta DiMAGE 2300 review
Mar 8, 2004

Owned and operated for 1 week.

Initial problem (non-compatibility with windows xp) was overcome after a little investigation and experimentation.

Minolta say no drivers for xp available - why?? Maybe no drivers are available.... but there is a workaround!

After almost binning the camera, I managed to get it to download into MGI Photosuite.

Now, my only previous digital camera experience was with an ageing Kodak mc3. Comparing the resulting image quality with this, I'd give the 2300 100% - well pleased.

There are problems with the 2300 operation... It is not user friendly, it is slow in switching between modes and I still can't remember certain functions without referring to the manual (not the manual supplied however –it is pitiful) but the downloaded version from their website. 120+ pages in pdf format).

To summarise, a fully functional, worthwhile camera, with shortcomings. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the overall results -certainly not user friendly, and less so if using Windows XP.

Problems:

Slow switching between modes.

Jon Dew's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow