Started Mar 31, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PHIL
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix A205 Zoom / Fujifilm FinePix A205s review
Mar 31, 2004

After having gone off Fuji for some time now and being disappointed in the colour rendition of many other cameras, I thought I'd give this one a try. At only £99.90 from Jessop's its an amazing bargain. Ok so the body is plastic but it seems of a very thick gauge so should stand a few knocks without disintegrating.
The resolution although only 2 megapixels is more than enough for general shots, I've had worse from some 3 megapixel cameras (Ricoh). Excellent for online auction close-ups, the flash shuts down well so no overexposing.
Nice easy to see and understand menu - should suit just about anyone from a child to pensioner.
Amazing battery life- goes for ever on 2300 NiMH rechargeables.
Now you can buy XD card readers (I got a dual Smartmedia/ XD one again from Jessop's) The new format of storage for Fuji is less of a pain. (I hate using the lead connected to the camera, I always think its going to snap the plug or the circuit board.)
Altogether an excellent deal and I thoroughly recommend it. Well done this time Fuji (and with no interpolation either)

Problems:

Screen hard to see in bright sun but there's a lot of others like that!!
Be careful of the zoom lens when extended - those on earlier models (ie 2600) tended to break off very easily - be warned!!Fuji don't supply spares.

PHIL's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow