Started May 5, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
itta
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix F401 Zoom review
May 5, 2004

It was 2 times broken with the same probelm!
I bought the camera on 3-1-2003, i liked it. Its small, good resolution, easy navigation.

The batery is ok, last longer lasting, can take hours to take picture, more when I dont use any flash. But it would be great if only this camera have an option for regular AAA alkaline baterry to make it easier when you have to go out for a long time.

The zoom is ok, the movie is nice, when I use the 128SD I can take hundreads picture and a long movie without dropping the bat . Notice that the SD was cheaper and it works with my pda also, so its a practical use than XD right now.

The design is cool & easy to carry. It's a nice toy.

Problems:

But right now I got a big dissapointed. From the date I bought till now, the camera was 2 times broken.
First time, it cant charged the battery, the charger & batery is not broken, they say something wrong with the IC, and lucky me I still have the guarantee so I took to the service and it was fixed (But I dont know if they just fix or change the broken part totally).

I even bought the underwater casing in singapore a month ago, because I believe that this small tiny pocket camera would be along lasting for my practical snap shot on the go.

The other probelm now I have is that suddenly the camera just broken again, it never fell off or missused. I always cary on the safe place & safe camera bag just like how I treat my other cameras. Now the probelm was suddenly when I took pict, the lens was stuck outside, and the camera just dead., can't turn on or off to move the lens back inside. When I put to charge it even dont turn on, or move the lens back inside, but the indicator blue of charging seems works.
I brought to the official service in indonesia but it cost me millions just to fix it (spare part), which is probably more efficient to buy new one. LOL!!!

Bottom line, this camera is neat, but maybe Fuji should give longer guarantee, since its vulnarable, or probably just fix the IC probelm. The mechanics of sliding lens seems give probelm.
I dont know if I am the only one to face this probelm or if there's somebody that have the same experience like me.
In my opinnion its a vulnerable camera, when you got 2 times broken with the same probelm....hey there must have something wrong inside!

I got dissapointed with this camera sparepart.

Ok, any information/question just email me.
Thank you.

itta's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow