Started May 31, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
titansfan
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Kodak DX4530 review
May 31, 2004

I just replaced my old 3.1 mp polaroid digital camera, which was stolen, with the DX4590. purchased the camera with the 4000 printer dock and travel bag as a combination @Sears for $399. Found this website much helpful for researching my purchase.

Comparing it to my old polaroid I have noticed an immediate difference not only in details and clarity, but also a huge difference in colors. The colors produced by the Kodak camera are brighter and more vivid. I wanted a camera that would be simple to operate and thus far it has proven to be so. The software is straight to the point and while not a lot of editing options are available, the interaction between the printer dock and the computer is outstanding.

The heat transfer prints from the dock, while somewhat pricey (about 60 cents per print), are unbelievably sharp.

I can see where an advanced photographer would not be happy with this product, but for an outstanding family camera at a reasonable price i would thus far highly reccomend it.

Problems:

*3x optical not as much zoom as I would like to have, but w/ the 5 mp it is easy to use the software to zoom in and crop with very little loss of quality.

*Even though the photo prints are of a higher quality than most developed prints, the media retails for $24.99 for enough 4x6 blanks and printer cartridge for 40 prints. Not very economical.

*Overall construction is light, but has a fragile feel about it, only time will tell how well the battery and card media doors hold out.

titansfan's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow