ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SHoffert
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Kyocera Finecam SL400R review
Jun 17, 2004

I purchased this camera as well as the Sony Cybercam DSC-T1
Comparatively speaking they are close is size and similar in operation. This camera is a little more interesting as it does swivel, but I had concern that it is built a little more flimsey, and is definatly lighter in weight giving the impression it is of lesserr quality. I had similar lighting situations and developed film and found the print quality to be a little better in this camera than the Sony, but the pictures I developed on the Sony were shot in VGA so it wasn't a fair comparison (I realized later) I am keeping the Sony, as I feel it is the better camera in that it feels much more solid and I feel it will go the long run. The picture quality on the Kyocera was pretty good but not that great for a 4MP camera.

Problems:

I think my biggest complaint/concern was the way the battery heats up while you are using it. It got soo hot that it was hot to the touch which I do not like at all and I was pretty certain it would lead to damage internally on the camera.

Also.... the swivel lens.... if you face it toward yourself to do a self portrait and move it even slightly upwards... you go upside down which is really quite weird......

The caution led would flicker on and off LOTS!!! , and that concerned me due to the intructions saying if it lights it means the camera is doing something that could led to the users death....(no thanks) with the hottness of the battery it made me quite concerned that it was unsafe to use.

I did not have faith that this camera would be anything more than a throw away.... for the price I will stay with Sony...

SHoffert's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow