Started Jun 18, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GeoCheb
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Kyocera Finecam SL400R review
Jun 18, 2004

Great lens for the size. I had purchased this camera to take on vacation and to keep with me for that moment that you need a picture. Who wants to drag a big camera around especially when you're traveling. I wanted a camera that would fit in your pocket and wouldnt even notice that you are carrying it around, so when those once in a lifetime situations come up for a great picture, you'll have a camera to capture the moment. It's great to have a camera with a fast quality lens, but that involves size in most cases. My major concern was size and this is the smallest and absolutley easiest to hold of all the mini cameras. I liked this one better than the Sony because of the ability to swivel, which allows you to hold the camera at any angle to see the viewer, and that same feature makes a smaller camera more ergonomic. The quality of the images really suprised me, color rendition and clarity is very good. Most of my pictures were taken at the 2 megapixel level which were more than adequate for 4x6's. I had some processed by Ofoto.com and the sharpness, color and clarity really blew me away. I shot some pictures at the 4 megapixel size, for those scenes I thought I might want to make larger prints of. I also like to shoot multiple shots to stitch together to make larger panoramas. Those pictures came out absolutley great too!I bought some extra batteries to take along as the life of the battery is limited to it's size and these batteries are really tiny, but several extras don't take up much room in your pocket either. I shot about 100 pictures each day and 3 batteries was adequate for outdoor shots along with a few flash pictures. The camera uses SD memory an can hold up to 512MB. The starter of 16MB is really limited. The flash is a minature to go along with the camera, so don't expect to light up a building with it. With the lens and sensor sensitivity, its adequate for group shots, otherwise go to the 'flash off' setting and hold the camera steady for a 'short time exposure'. The camera has a lot of features to adjust the picture size, quality and function of the camera. When you power the camera ON, it comes up instantly, no great time delay. Another great features is multiple shots, several per second. All in all, this is a great little camera. If your not interested in making very large prints, the SL300R is a good choice, identical except for a max resolution of 3 megapixels instead of 4

Problems:

The battery does heat up a little, but it didn't seem to present any problems with the camera operation. The batteries are really small and won't last the whole day if you shoot a lot of pictures.

GeoCheb's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow