Started Aug 3, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
spiderdan10
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Kyocera Finecam SL400R review
Aug 3, 2004

I've been researching for some time for an ultra-compact digital camera to take with me while on vacation or whenever I might need to "capture the moment". I already have a decent all-around digital camera but wanted an inexpensive compact to carry with me most of the time. I really wanted to get the Casio Exilim Z40 but the picture quality just wasn't up to par after viewing the samples on some of the digital cameral review sites. So after checking out the SL400R's sample images, I decided to give it a shot (especially with Amazon's overall lowest price and the $50 gift certificate to seal the deal).

My wife and I went to Vegas last week and I had the opportunity to put the camera through the test. I can honestly say this cameral rivals my Nikon for outdoor shots. The colors were much more vibrant and the images were sharper. And when I print the images on my Epson RX500, you would think I had a photo lab print the shots. The only downfall is the quality of indoor pics with low lighting. The prints appear grainy and not well illuminated. But I didn't purchase this for indoor shooting. The only other downside to this camera is that it doesn't include a lens cover. You do get a compact camera case but that does add to the bulk a bit. I just made sure I carried around the included lens cleaner stick that's included for those times I chose not to put the camera in its case.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with this camera. Every time I bring it out, it draws oohs and ahhs from the people around me - it's so small, very stylish and best of all has the rotating body to shoot those hard to reach shots. This cameral was well worth my small investment!

spiderdan10's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow