Started Aug 27, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xder345
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-Z30 review
Aug 27, 2004

Just bought this camera yesterday as a secondary to my Canon A80 and I've already taken a few dozen photos. Boy this is a fast camera! Just click and shoot. Boom! picture taken. That's one of the primary reasons I got it. It's a much faster "snapshot" camera than the canon. It's REALLY small, which I like a lot. Nice Aluminum body all around, really sturdy hinges on the battery/SD card door (unlike the Pentax cameras).

The pictures it takes expose very well, even with the flash. The colors are quite good, well saturated, and evenly toned. Indoors AND out. And that's with white balance set to auto. The pictures could be a little sharper, though. The Canon digital Elphs do a lot better in this regard, but they are larger, heavier, and have a smaller LCD to work with.

The other camera that the Casio competed with was the new Sony T1, but that camera does not have a tripod mount and is expensive in comparison. Did I mention that the Casio has a metal tripod mount. Fabulous.

For the price, and considering the competition, this is the best camera for the dollar in this category (ultra-compact Point and Shoot). Interestingly enough, the Z30 pictures are less grainy and less noisy than the Z40 pictures, which is why I went with the Z30 rather than the 4mp Z40.

Problems:

Image sharpness could be a little better, but this is exactly what I expected in such a small camera.

xder345's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow