Started Sep 21, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sitespecific
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC20 review
Sep 21, 2004

First review here since 2003 - since this camera is now basically obsolete, but you may decide to throw some money at one on EBay for a small, throw in your pocket, bag or car type of camera to take some candid shots with - which is why I purchased mine.

I took it to Las Vegas last week, and went out to Red Rocks Conservation area, and took some absolutely stunning pictures with this camera! In good outdoor light - it takes great pictures. Noise and graininess at higher ISO is a deterrent, but auto mode in direct sun is very good. Pictures in low light levels - forget it. I paid about $75 for it used on Ebay, and for what I got and expected to get, it is a nice little digicam.

I don't "get" all the comments about the flimsy and breakable battery compartment door! If you can READ instructions, printed clearly on the bay door itself, it is not a problem.

Quick, easy to go through menuing system - a breeze to change from one type of setting to another. From what I understand, most all Lumix models have the same simple menu system, so if you want to graduate to a higher end FZ10, FZ20 or the FZ3 (which might be the next logical step), this camera will work good as a primer for you.

Good, basic entry level camera.

Problems:

As stated, low light level shooting not good, hard to lock in a focus. High grain at higher ISO level.

sitespecific's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow