Started Sep 26, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arjan Kroonen
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus Stylus 410 (mju 410 Digital) review
Sep 26, 2004

I've used this camera now for a year and am still very happy with it.
It's small enough to make it convenient to carry around all the time and not too small for proper operation.

During daylight the performance of the camera is excellent, although the shutter delay takes some getting used to. It's easy to miss the moment when the camera still needs to focus on the subject.

I am really disappointed in the performance under low light conditions.
The flash is too bright, basically blinding everyone in the room, and at the same time causing very strong shadows and unnatural looking colors.
With the flash turned off it is very hard to take good pictures as most will turn out more or less blurred.

I've not been able to get used to the menu structure, even after a year. It just does not seem logical and I'm always looking for the functions.
Most annoying is the fact that you are not able to play back the pictures you've taken without turning off the camera first (and thus retracting the lens).
This uses a lot of power, and, more importantly might cause you to miss a next shot because the camera has to power-up again before taking the next picture.

If you want to use the camera mainly in-doors, I'd think again (I now purchased a 300d, to be able to take proper pictures in low light conitions).
If you are looking for a good, small point and click camera for outside (it's water-resistant!) this is a good choice.

Problems:

Shutter button came off. There is a tiny gap between the button and the body of th camera.
I had some paper in my pocket, which just slide into the gap and popped the shutter button off.

Arjan Kroonen's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow