Started Nov 4, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sirtuckerman
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus C-740 UZ review
Nov 4, 2004

Image quality is good, especially on macro where it is stellar (which is interesting given the touted 10x optical zoom). Full telephoto can be hard in low light due to camera/hand shake, but you can get good shots. There's some shutter delay and the auto-focus isn't quick, but if you learn to press half-way for focus, and then take the photo, you get very good results.

The 10x zoom, extra-low dispersion lens is the reason to buy this camera. When it came out last summer, it was the only digicam in the price range with such a large zoom.

I've had the camera for over a year now and things are still working well and I've gotten very accustomed to it.

There are LOTS of manual features, which is a great plus; more than most cameras that were in the original price range. 3.2 megapixel does 8x10s no problem.

Problems:

Slow auto-focus, often.

The electronic viewfinder is great for saving batteries and being able to navigate menus without taking the camera away from your face, but it isn't so hot in very very low light situations.

I wish it had audio to go with the video clips (as the C750 does), but I knew it didn't when I bought it.

The only breakage problem is that the rubber cushion around the viewfinder eyepiece has come loose -- nothing a little glue and fix easily.

sirtuckerman's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow