ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fim
fim
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Contax N Digital review
Nov 21, 2004

I bought this camera new a couple of months ago. The very last few left on the market. I use a N1 and a 645 so it is logical to buy the ND to complete the system. This camera IMO is the best digital camera regardless of price. The controls are so nicly layout and the build quality is first class. The CZ lens are simply stunning. I had a Canon 10D and a Nikon D70 with L lens and AFS ED lens in the past and they just did not satisfied my needs.

Having said that, The Contax is hopeless if you try to shoot at night. The noise level is so high above ISO 200 and if exposure goes beyond 1 sec, forget it. Both Canon and Nikon are much better in this respect.

Apart from that, the auto focus speed is reasonable and mostly accurate.

If picture quality is what you are after, this is the camera for you. I alwalys believe each camera has its pros and cons and if you can make use of the pros and live with the cons, you can enjoy the camera and get great pictures.

The problem with the battery life is no longer an issue. I shot more than 400 pictures with one set of 2500mAH batteries.

Problems:

white balance is very good for outdoor shots put poor for indoor.

Pictures using flash can be tricky even with the TLA 360.
Camera sometimes freeze and you need to switch it off and on again.

The write speed to the CF card is slow.

fim's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow