Started Dec 1, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bubblemunche
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX2 review
Dec 1, 2004

Have been using this camera for the past 3 weeks, and took about 100+ pictures under various conditions with a a Lexar 32x SD card. My previous cameras include the Canon V3, Canon S400, and the Pentax S4. My observations:

- The optical stablizer performed better than I expected, though it doesn't work miracles. I really appreciate the quality of the flash-free shots.

- Shot-to-shot, start-up, review and response time are all excellent. Menus are intuitive, and shouldn't intimidate a beginner.

- The compact size, weight and its high res 2" LCD is admirable, but built quality can improved on. The chromed ring around the lens are easily scratched.

Take note that I choose the FX2 over its FX7 because of the following reasons:

- Specs wise, the FX7 doesn't offer much advantage over the FX2. In fact, the latter features better consecutive shots ratio, and also a lower ISO rating (64 vs 80).

- The extra megapixel is not necessary for me as I don't do much cropping, and only go for small prints. I was also worried about the increased noise level for a camera with a 1/2.5 sensor.

- The 2.5" LCD offered by the FX7 was a huge drawing point, but its lower pixel count and battery life concerns settled the issue. The fact that the FX7 doesn't offer an in-built audio replay also reduced the atttractiveness of its movie function.

- Finally, the FX2 is much cheaper.

Conclusion: The FX2 is the best digital cam I owned so far. It's a great balance of looks, performance, and affordability.

Problems:

None thus far.

Bubblemunche's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow