Started Dec 4, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
levixyz
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix E510 Zoom review
Dec 4, 2004

I did a lot of looking before I chose this camera. I narrowed it down to the Cannon A95, Casio Exilim 5.0 and this one. They were all comparable in price and features. I chose the Fuji because; (A) It has a large screen (B) It is very user friendly (my wife can use it too)
(C) It uses AA Batteries so I always have access to power.

We have taken about 500 shots with it under just about every situation that I would ever use it for. The daylight pictures are sharp in Auto mode. The auto focus is good indoors in low-light, the flash recharges quickly with fresh batteries, the overall battery life is incredible with 2300 mAh NiMH rechargable batteries.

Before we bought this, we were using a Nikon SLR 35mm N2020 which takes great film pictures, but weighs a ton. For special occasions, we still use it - but for those every day Kodak Moments, this little Fuji is a real gem.

For snapshots of the grand kids, candid holiday and vacation shots or catching the family dog acting the clown, this is a great value - especially for newcomers to digital photography - not to mention handing the camera to just about anybody so you can be in some shots too.

You really can't tell which camera is best for you by looking at them in a store. I bought mine at Staples because they have a 14 day no hassle return policy. No way am I taking mine back, though. I'm glad I got lucky the first time.

Problems:

none

levixyz's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow