Started Dec 29, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Hackett
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Kyocera Finecam SL400R review
Dec 29, 2004

This camera has gone above and beyond my expectations. I was originally looking at the Minolta Dimage ultra-compact line for a camera, when a cnet comparios directed me to this camera.

After research and testing, I determined that this one was the best of all the current ultra-compacts at low light levels. This still isn't as good as a D-SLR, but that's because it's not a D-SLR.

Overall, as far as features and image quality, this camera beats a lot of the competition in 4-5mp at twice or 3x the body size. The rotating lens is a great feature, even though at first I was weary.

I purchased mine at Willoughbys after looking at their website. Their in store price, and theire store is top notch, was 232.00 just like the web site. After taxes it was 250ish, just the same as after shipping. The price was good as well, I even picked up one for a friend

What it's missing: shutter priority mode.
Pleasant Features: Built in filters, AE mode, The flash is more than adequate, the three types of focusing, including a manual option, the amazing start up time and continuous shooting mode, and even though i think they're stupid, a good movie mode.

Great Camera

Problems:

None yet.

Ben Hackett's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow