Started Jan 5, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
poomdada
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix S3500 Zoom review
Jan 5, 2005

The Fujifilm FinePix S3100 is my first digital camera, and I have owned it for about four months now. I bought it for the 4 megapixel CCD and 6X zoom as there is nothing close at the $300 price point. I am very happy with the image quality - Clear with very good/natural color. Plenty of manual features to experiment with, and they do take time to learn. Battery life is quite good, and the four AA cells allows you to simply pop into a store and pick up some readily available alkalines if your rechargables die on you. Overall and excellent starter digital. After reading many comments on Fuji Talk and viewing many photos I would suggest skipping the S3100 and going with the S5100 for about $100 more.

Problems:

I could not Fuji's "FinePix" software to work at all. Many e-mails and phone calls to Fuji's tech support did not resovle the issue. I deinstalled the program and threw the disk away. Save yourself the grief, and use a different program.

As for the S3100 I've found that the auto-focus is slow and a bit sloppy on indoor shots in the auto mode. Using manual settings makes for better indoor shots.

poomdada's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow