Started Jan 8, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gail captain
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Nikon Coolpix 4200 review
Jan 8, 2005

Nikon 5200 is my 2nd digital, Kodak dx4330 was my 1st. Wanted better video, fast fire up, LOW lighting, macro, more features & over all size. It is all of that, I just spent a long New Years weekend down in Chicago and used the camera a lot. I've learned that I need to know what mode I am in, many of the pic's were blurry. I learned that Auto is the best one. I also experienced that the battery life is not the greatest. It charges fast but I would like a bit longer charge when using it.
What I really like was taking video in very low lighting while the animals were playing in the living room. Could never do that with the first camera.
Video sound is poor, I know about using the zoom feature to hear better. What can I do about the static once I down load it. With all the good features why did Nikon chinch on the camera speaker / Microphone? That's the fun part of playing it back to the party.
Again why is there white sound (static) on the video.
I have taken over 3000 pictures in the 2 yrs I have owned the Kodak dx4330 I know I will surpass this with the Nikon 5200. I purchased a High Speed 1g and you will need it for the video portion which I truly use a lot. Pictures are good and video just adds the special touch with out having to carry another contraption.

Problems:

Poor sound when in Video play back mode.
Static or white noise on downloaded play back.
I know about keeping in AF single mode too.

gail captain's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow