ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DBG
DBG
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Minolta DiMAGE Xt review
Jan 14, 2005

Regarding the strap scratching the LCD...I just made a little knot at the camera by looping the strap thru the cord twice, thus reducing the length of the cord to the plastic junction which is responsible for the scratching....so now, that plastic junction extends only to the perimeter of the LCD, not the LCD itself.

I have never gotten used to holding my finger out of the way of the lens. It is a very hard habit to break, so I have had many bad pictures as a result.

Debris (dirt, sand etc) from your pockets can get into the retractable metal lens shield, which can cause it to jam, or only open partially. What I do to alleviate this problem is to turn the camera on, put my lips over the lens, and breathe in heavily, thus inhaling the bits of debris that are jamming the lens cover. Crude, but effective.

Another annoyance is the fact that whenever you change the batteries, you have to reset the date and time. I have found the camera will not take pictures until you reset it.

Pictures are a bit soft, but adequate.

Case is very solid and well built.

DBG's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow