Started Jan 24, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
spud inspector
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix S3000 Z review
Jan 24, 2005

Bought this camera (or more precisely, the 3000SE - 3.2mp) at Future Shop just before xmas for $275 Canadian, and they threw in a $180 Epson color printer/scanner/copier for free. Researched the camera for quite a long time on this and other websites, and the 6x zoom (and price) is what tipped it over the edge. I'm extremely happy with the picture quality (fairly surprised, actually, given some of the reviews). Even in low light, with and without the flash, as long as you can get the autofocus to lock on, the 3000SE gives a great quality image for the price. We bought it mostly for random pics and scrapbooking, and it's our 1st digi cam, so we didn't really want to break the bank, but still wanted decent quality images and room to learn and expand our abilities over time. This cam has an expander ring that allows for an extra telephoto lens and or a wide angle lens.

Problems:

The only weakness I've encountered with this camera so far is the inability of the autofocus to "find" its subject in low light conditions. The room doesn't have to be very dark at all before the AF refuses to lock on. Even ambient lighting during the day in our basement living room can present problems. I typically get around this by finding a point in the room that is light (usually the TV) and close to the same distance away as my subject, and I lock the autofocus on the light area and then frame my subject and snap the pic. As we take mostly outdoor or well lit pics, this doesn't present a really big problem for us, but someone who plans to take alot of nighttime pics would probably find this cam a pain.

spud inspector's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow