Started Jan 27, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
noegd
Senior MemberPosts: 1,232Gear list
Like?
Kyocera Finecam SL400R review
Jan 27, 2005

I bough this camera as a carry-everywhere digicam. It is a lot of fun to use: ultra compact, great swivel body, instant wake-up, quick zoom, pretty fast & accurate AF, very short cycle time, excellent video (not that I really care)...

The image quality is good although it doesn't match my much bulkier Minolta S414. Corners can get a bit soft and there is a hint of color aberrations, but nothing really worrying me (my former coolpix 995 was much worse). The 800 ISO setting is very noisy, but it is there, and with some post processing and downsizing, you can get amazing low light shots too.

Unfortunately, after a year or so of use, I have realised how short lived the battery was: the LCD seems to drain the battery very fast. There is no way it would last a day. Maximum 10-20 shots (without flash!) over a couple of hours, that's it...

And since batteries are charged inside the camera, it is inconvenient to charge several spare batteries, unless you buy an separate charger as well. And if you need several spare batteries and a charge at hand, what is the point in such a compact camera?

Problems:

Battery life is so short that it renders the camera almost unuseable...

noegd's gear list:noegd's gear list
Leica V-Lux 30 Nikon D40 Nikon D2Hs Nikon D700 Leica M9 +21 more
noegd's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow