Started Feb 11, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edfrancis
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix A205 Zoom / Fujifilm FinePix A205s review
Feb 11, 2005

Bought this camera about 4 months ago, and it goes everywhere with me, like a visual diary. I take hundreds of images a month with it. It's not pretty, but it's not so tiny you can't hold it still, like so many fashion statements posing as cameras. I bought it to try out digital photography, having used top name film cameras for decades.

The battery life is amazing, particularly if you have the flash option set to off - the flash doesn't have to charge up each time you start the camera. The flash is very good even at close range, though I avoid flash like the plague as a general rule. The camera is so easy to use at night. Pull out the tripod, set the self timer, and click. That's it. Well, almost... its very low light focussing isn't fantastic, but then, I paid about $150 Australian for it, new. The focussing in normal lighting is excellent, as long as you use the focus lock - tell the camera where you want it to focus by lining up the focus marks in the viewfinder on the subject, press the shutter partway down, reframe then take the photo. Basic stuff, really, dear reader, but how many cameras are canned because prople don't think? The macro is quite excellent.

2mp means you dodn't buy it for poster prints, but regular postcard sized prints are fantastic. The optics are more than a match for the number of pixels available.

No, the optics aren't Olympus or Leica grade, but it doesn't draw any attention to the user, its price puts it almost into the disposable category - but you wouldn't want to because it's so reliable, so easy to use you can give it to someone who's never used it and just tell them to "look at the picture on the back, then press the button," and expect an acceptable result. With care, the results are amazing. If you want 20x 30 prints, well, use film!

Problems:

None. Except they're not made anymore, to my knowledge.

Edfrancis's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow