Started Feb 24, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
atompen
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-Z50 review
Feb 24, 2005

This is an excellent point-and-shoot camera. It is tiny, with a large LCD, and a more than adequate image quality. I have had several digital cameras and this one is my favorite. Compared to my 5 mp Kodak, it feels like a manual 35mm in terms of shutter lag. It is true, the LCD is slightly yellow indoors, but only in the camera view, not on the actual picture or on the review of the picture. It is a very insignificant problem.

The battery life is phenomenal. You can sit around and play with the camera for hours taking videos, pictures, recording sounds, playing with the various features without ever worrying about the battery.

Regarding features, there are many useful features with this camera. Since my Kodak had no white balance control and my pictures all came out blue, it is wonderful to have manual control of White balance, focus, ISO, and flash intensity. The Best Shot modes are also quite nice and fun to use.

I have been sold. I frequently use a Canon A95, Kodak 5 mp, and other similar range digital cameras and have found the Exilim to be my first choice.

Problems:

Slight LCD yellow tint

I dislike the transfer system from dock to pc. On most other digital cameras, you can bypass the software (and dock) and simply use the microsoft camera and scanner wizard. I am unable to get my computers to recognize the USB without the software. Also, there is not a USB direct from the camera itself, so you actually need the dock to transfer pictures. Again, fairly insignificant problems.

atompen's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow