Casio Exilim EX-P600 review

Started Mar 30, 2005 | User reviews thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
vincent0923 Forum Member • Posts: 54
Casio Exilim EX-P600 review

the UK is probably the best place to buy this camera at the moment, with only 191.99 pounds, you can have it from Amazon.co.uk. That's why I rated "value of money" as 4.5;

Every detail of this gadget is almost perfect, it almost has every thing I want from a digital camera. Full metal body, full manual control, fast response and shutter.........

However I was so let down by the most important thing of a decent camera, ie. the image quality! I just wonder how these camera companies squeesed so many pixels into such a small CCD, making these Hi-pixel cameras so noisy that we can't even use them in some circumstances!

The night-shot and indoor pics from this camera are horrible! They are not only noisy but also 'polluted' by a lot of dots with odd colours (red & blue, maybe). EVEN AT ISO 50 sometimes!

Above iso 200, it's almost unusable.

I have a samsung digimax V3, it has the same size CCD as EX-P600, 1.8". The images are much more acceptable, though many people may not consider Samsung to be a capable digital camera maker.

Ex-P600's auto-focus is amazingly fast, but some pics are just not correctly focused and appear to be a bit blur. Within 40cm from your objects, the chance of getting out-of-focus pics is even greater.

I think I'm going to return it to Amazon within these few days, though I love it a lot, especially the the BestShot- Coupling Shot mode.

Now I am a bit scared by cameras with more than 4M pixles!

Problems:

Just noisy...

(sorry about my poor English)

Casio Exilim EX-P600
6 megapixels • 2 screen • 33 – 132 mm (4×)
Announced: Feb 13, 2004
vincent0923's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow