Started Mar 30, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vincent0923
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-P600 review
Mar 30, 2005

the UK is probably the best place to buy this camera at the moment, with only 191.99 pounds, you can have it from Amazon.co.uk. That's why I rated "value of money" as 4.5;

Every detail of this gadget is almost perfect, it almost has every thing I want from a digital camera. Full metal body, full manual control, fast response and shutter.........

However I was so let down by the most important thing of a decent camera, ie. the image quality! I just wonder how these camera companies squeesed so many pixels into such a small CCD, making these Hi-pixel cameras so noisy that we can't even use them in some circumstances!

The night-shot and indoor pics from this camera are horrible! They are not only noisy but also 'polluted' by a lot of dots with odd colours (red & blue, maybe). EVEN AT ISO 50 sometimes!

Above iso 200, it's almost unusable.

I have a samsung digimax V3, it has the same size CCD as EX-P600, 1.8". The images are much more acceptable, though many people may not consider Samsung to be a capable digital camera maker.

Ex-P600's auto-focus is amazingly fast, but some pics are just not correctly focused and appear to be a bit blur. Within 40cm from your objects, the chance of getting out-of-focus pics is even greater.

I think I'm going to return it to Amazon within these few days, though I love it a lot, especially the the BestShot- Coupling Shot mode.

Now I am a bit scared by cameras with more than 4M pixles!

Problems:

Just noisy...

(sorry about my poor English)

vincent0923's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow