Started Apr 9, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Siraj Pasha
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-P505 review
Apr 9, 2005

Have upgraded myself from coolpix 3700 to this beauty. Haven't used it much but what ever little I have seen and experienced, I will agree with Osella's comments more or less. As for my comments, they are being reflected in my ratings of this camera.

Problems:

Since quite a long time, I have been toying between Canon A95 & Panasonic FX-7 as a secondary camera to my existing coolpix 3700 . Then all of a sudden, I saw this and immediately fell for it for the looks of it. However, I feel now, A95 would have been a better choice in totality.

The construction of the camera is very delicate. The size of the camera also is so tiny ( I will use this word instead of small to best descride it ) that handling is difficult and one has to be extremely cautious not to drop it.

The immediate things that I noticed from my coolpix 3700 is that the image takes time to save. Also you cannot immediately review it and will have to go to the playback mode, which is rather cubersome. The manual is on a CD-ROM which once again is very cubersome.

The LCD's resolution is very poor. You would notice a big difference between the image viewed during composition and the final turn out. Mercifully, the final product is much and far better though a tad dark most of the times. As for the LCD, I believe, all casio's camera LCD's are poor. They must improve upon this, on priority !

As has been reported in other columns too, the movie mode is the area where this camera scores. The past movie mode is simply wonderful and very very convenient. Full marks here !

I shall try and update my review/ comments as I use this camera more and will submit my experiences / comments.

Siraj Pasha's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow