Started May 12, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lawrence Levy
Regular MemberPosts: 219Gear list
Like?
Pentax *ist D review
May 12, 2005

The colors and images are true to what I see through the excellent viewfinder. It is just what I need - a reliably predictable tool.

Viewfinder quality encourages cropping in the viewfinedere and picture quality enables me to crop to a more interesting presentation that I later decided upon.

From day one it worked intuitively as I needed (coming from other Pentax film SLRs helped). There is nothing about this camera about which I had to become adjusted. The hyper modes work just as I would have designed them.

It felt like an extension of me whan I first bought it (in 04) and with or without the batterygrip (It's even less obtrusive without the grip.) it always feels comfortable.

Problems:

When covering sporting events, the short burst amount has forced me to plan my shots more thoroughly. (Is this ultimately a good feature?)

The four-way switch is fiddly but more substantial than it initially led me to think.

The CF card release has always worked well for me. I use CF I cards of no more than 1 GB in storage (eggs & basket theory). Even with a Hacuba wrist strap, it's been fine.

Lawrence Levy's gear list:Lawrence Levy's gear list
Pentax X-5
Lawrence Levy's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow