Started May 16, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ArturAN
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 review
May 16, 2005

I am an "old kind of photographer", started my amateur photographic life 32 years ago,and a truly Nikon fan( One F2,one F 501).(My first camera was a Nikkormat).I decided 3 years ago to "close" my BW laboratory and start with the digitals.I first bought a Sony DSC 85 ( 4.1 mpixels camera ) which is still a very good camera and decided later on to buy the F717.Well, this is a great camera, with good feautures, great tonal balance, great image quality. The balance of the camera on hand it is good although not perfect.Noise it's not a problem and ease of use is excellent.Very sturdy construction, excellent battery life and usable only with a minimum 128 kb Memory Stick. Whyen the F 828 came out, I was conseidering to change but I am glad I didn't as some friends did and the results in image quality are not as good as with this one.I'm on the move to buy a dSLR (probably a Nikon, Canon or Olympus ) but I'll wait a little further as I do not have an immediate need, as the F 717 behaves so well that I can wait a little longer. All in all, an excelent allround, good quality camera.

Problems:

None so far, for 3 years in a row.

ArturAN's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow