Started May 22, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lugly778
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-S100 review
May 22, 2005

This camera really is sleek; it is VERY thin and easy to use.

You can also save as many custom user settings as these "bestshots", as much as your internal memory can hold. Video quality is AWESOME! Picture quality has some grains in it, and the sharpness of the photos isn't as good as my old Sony cybershot DSC-P5... but I enjoy the S100 for its size & features, among other things. First, it's cheap ($250 at a Ritz Camera store). Another good thing about it is that although it doesn't have a burst mode, it can snap em as fast as you can click the trigger...and I got the "normal" SD card (FYI it is a 512MB; with this camera in full resolution and highest jpeg compression, it can still take about 320-360 on that card.) The battery life is pretty good. I haven't used it a lot yet so I cannot comment on how it performs after long-term use, however while I was on vacation I got took about 125 shots a day, for 2 days in a row, and didn't need to charge until the next day, Sunday. It also does voice recordings, with or without a pictures 'attached'.

It has many pre-defined settings ("Bestshot" they call it; and they are too many to list. Email me if you want more info or sample pics.

As long as you dont need literally professional photos, I would recommend this camera to you.

Problems:

ONLY disadvantage is image quality. It has slightly more grains and less sharpness than my old Sony cybershot DSC-P5. This isn't to say that it is bad quality by any means, just that if you want to blow it up on an A4, you MIGHT notice some grains (haven't tried it myself).

Email me for more info or sample pics.

lugly778's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow