Started Jun 28, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vimp
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Olympus C-765 UZ review
Jun 28, 2005

First of all I'm not a professionist photographer.
My experience in digital photo is about 3 years or more.
Since I've been looking for long zoom range cameras I had to choose from some models by various manufacturers. The main reason to buy this camera was 10x optical zoom and its superb image quality. Also the price was one :).
When I did compare the C765 quality of images to other similiar models there was no hesitation - in its class the C765 is a winner and after using it in various conditions for some weeks I'll keep this opinion.
Many peoples say that the long zoom cameras has trouble with focus in low light - at this time I have no complain about this : the autofocus works fine, but this is just my point of view.
The manual setting are not so confortable to use but I think this is just accomodation.

Problems:

No technical problems at all. One thing I don't like is that the camera is a little slow, even when using "sport action" in dial mode you may get burred images of moving object. So if you plan to take sport action shots don't thing at this camera.
Obviously, the image stabiliser is a must but it can be supplied by a tripod.

vimp's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow