Started Jul 5, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kari Post
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Kyocera Finecam SL300R review
Jul 5, 2005

I bought this camera after using and loving my friend's. It's a great little camera, a lot of my friends think its really neat. It takes good quality photographs that look awesome as 4x6 prints. They are sharp and the color is accurate. The AF works well as long as you depress the shutter halfway and then push down the rest of the way. A lot of ppl tend to have a problem with this and when my friends take photos, they are sometimes blurry or my friends have to try a few times before they actually hold the shutter down.

The camera is decently small and compact, small enough to fit into the back pocket of my jeans. It's also very easy to use and has no crazy red eye reduction flashes that make your subjects close their eyes in photos.

The swivel lens is really cool and allows you to take self portraits. I find the camera very easy to use and it has no extraneous buttons or a dozen useless scene modes.

The camera comes with a slim case, wrist-strap, keychain cleaning pad, 16mb SD card, charger, and comp cable. It's a very neat little package.

I bought it for about $145ppd on Ebay, but I know it retails for much more. At the price I paid I'm really happy with what I got, but I don't know if I could justify spending $300+ for this camera.

Problems:

The lens doesn't have a lens cover and is in a position that I often tend to put my finger right on it when pulling it out of it's case. However the camera does come with a lens cleaning keychain that you can attach to the wrist-strap.

The battery life is pretty bad. It says the battery lasts 3 hours but thats only in optimal conditions without flash. Usually its a lot less.

There is no viewfinder so you need to use the LCD to frame your photos. This eats battery like crazy and is nearly impossible in low light.

Kari Post's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow