Started Jul 21, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kimnicho
Senior MemberPosts: 2,329
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8 review
Jul 21, 2005

The FX8 is Panasonic's response to the "minor" complaints voiced by FX7 owners. I say "minor" because the issues never challenged its stellar image quality. Users' biggest complaint involved dismal battery life. The FX8 uses a different battery that increases battery life by a factor of two which is nice! They also added a faster AF, a 640x480 video mode, and USB 2.0 . They pretty much left the incredible image quality intact although the new Venus II machine tends to oversaturate the colors - simply adjust picture mode to "Natural"...

Problems:

Not readily available in US - note : FX9 is coming out in the fall of 2005 sporting 6 MP ! If you already own the FX7, I'm not sure these improvements are worth upgrading for since the image quality is "arguably better" with the FX7 (colors are not oversaturated). I would recommend you wait for reviews of the FX9 with increased MP and sharper LCD (alongside all of the improvements listed above).

Kimnicho's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow