Started Aug 2, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hanugro
Senior MemberPosts: 2,339
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix F420 Zoom review
Aug 2, 2005

Bought this for my wife almost a year ago because of made in japan, metal case, small and cute, and use AAA battery that is readily available. It takes OK picture for 3MP camera but it has serious power problem. The camera was designed to draw little power continuously even it is power off (it's in the manual). I have tried to use new 950mAH AAA batt but still dissapointed. I seldom use this camera and most of the time when I want to use it the batt power has drain and only enough for few shoots. Sometime even the batt has drain off completely and I am loosing settings in this camera! Bought Pentax WP for replacement (FP420 goes to my mother) because of water proof. I am not entirely happy with it (see my review under Pentax WP) but at least I don't have to worry for empty batt when I want to use it.

Edit: 10 Nov 2006
Well, I haven't used my camera for almost a year (I took out the batt when my mom don't want it) and now it is broken when I put fresh batt. The AF! red letter blink and the screen LCD won't show anything (stay dark). I can't take any pictures with it (when I push the shutter button). The LCD is still able to show menu so it is problem of camera sensor (not LCD). Very2 dissapointed. And my fresh lithium batt is pronounced dead just 5 min without taking any pictures. My old Nikon CP950 is still taking pictures just fine. I will not buy Fuji again.

Problems:

Power sucker (terrible blunder in design)!

hanugro's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow