Started Aug 6, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Human
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Nikon Coolpix 5200 review
Aug 6, 2005

I had the Nikon Coolpix 5200 for a couple of weeks and I've now returned it. I'm a novice so I can't possibly give a proper in depth review. There aren't any other reviews here, so I may as well share my opinion.

The cam was an impulse buy. I urgently needed a cam. I took over 1000 shots with it... I was pretty unsatisfied considering I paid $600 for it here in Australia. Not including the 128 MB SD card and extra warranty, which were also refunded. I definitely paid much more than this camera is worth.

Generally, the images were soft.

With a LOT of the shots I took, the images were either overexposed or underexposed.

The noise was bad in low light settings, on the lowest ISO setting... whether I used the flash or not.

But there seemed to be very low level of noise in better lighting (outdoors)

4 cm isn't an amazing figure, but the macro on this cam is really good.

Colours were pretty accurate... a little dramatic sometimes but that's a good thing for me

The camera looks good, seemed allright to hold, fits in a regular decent sized pocket.

Pretty easy to use.

I didn't notice any extreme flaws... there was a bit of purple fringing... didn't notice many halo artifacts, or jaggies... but the review on this site would be better at judging that of course.

Problems:

Listed what I could think of. I would advise you to try the cam out for yourself if you have a high interest... but I returned it because it wasn't worth anywhere near what I paid for it...

It's okay if you just want a point-and-shoot to whip out of your pocket. I wanted something with more manual controls, and the image quality was nothing to rave about. I think this site says in their conclusion that better quality is achieved by image editing programmes... not something I'm interested in.

Human's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow