ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TTTTom
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Nikon Coolpix 4800 review
Oct 29, 2005

Hi Folks,

The 4800 has proved to be a great camera - especially at the price of $187 ! It has many more features than I expected and Nikon support is impeccable - they are ready for all the dumb questions you can throw at them - 24/7.

I have taken about 200 pics and especially enjoy the fact that it allows many manual settings. It has a self-timer, movie mode, 8.3x optical zoom, dual electronic view finder, a bunch of "scene modes", buttons are in the right place and easy to use, pretty easy to understand manual or hunt and peck method, multiple focus area modes (5 spots on a grid), allows you to turn off annoying camera sounds, etc.

If you use the included Nikon Picture Project software - make sure to go to Nikon's website and download the most recent update (v 1.6) - it has more editing features.

While this camera certainly does not compare with higher end cameras - it is great for the low to medium range photog.

Sam's Club still may have a few left at $187. Circuit City had great prices on Memory Cards and Card readers - I shopped online and picked up 30 minutes later at the local store. And, CC will match it's own website prices instore. You have one happy camper here, thank the Lord!

Tom
--
Experience is the best teacher

Problems:

Camera strap is too big for the camera, I would prefer a wrist strap.

TTTTom's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow