Started Nov 1, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
duemilling
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 review
Nov 1, 2005

Bought it 8 months ago and have been very pleased with it since. Love the big zoom and the image stabilization. Menu system and handling are good. I prefer normal AA NiMH batteries, they are cheap, powerful and easy-to-get. Battery life are very good with my Uniross 2300 mAh .

I don't understand why someone describe the body as flimsy! OK, the memorycard door opens very easily, but have any of you actually lost it or the card?

It's right, there's a lot of noise i low light conditions. So I bought a dedicated KM flash - highly recommended - lots of light, even with bounce flash! (and same batteries and charger as the camera)

BTW - have you tried Noiseware? It can eliminate noise down to the exact level you specify! I know I loose some details, but in common picturesizes i think it's working just fine.

So all in all: sold my old Minolta film-SLR (have had five since the SR-7), replaced it with the Z5 and have been smiling ever since.

Problems:

No problems. Have taken thousands of pictures on two standard 512 Mb Sandisk SD cards. Camera hasn't frozen once (as described in other reviews).

duemilling's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow