Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 review

Started Nov 1, 2005 | User reviews thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
duemilling New Member • Posts: 2
Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 review

Bought it 8 months ago and have been very pleased with it since. Love the big zoom and the image stabilization. Menu system and handling are good. I prefer normal AA NiMH batteries, they are cheap, powerful and easy-to-get. Battery life are very good with my Uniross 2300 mAh .

I don't understand why someone describe the body as flimsy! OK, the memorycard door opens very easily, but have any of you actually lost it or the card?

It's right, there's a lot of noise i low light conditions. So I bought a dedicated KM flash - highly recommended - lots of light, even with bounce flash! (and same batteries and charger as the camera)

BTW - have you tried Noiseware? It can eliminate noise down to the exact level you specify! I know I loose some details, but in common picturesizes i think it's working just fine.

So all in all: sold my old Minolta film-SLR (have had five since the SR-7), replaced it with the Z5 and have been smiling ever since.

Problems:

No problems. Have taken thousands of pictures on two standard 512 Mb Sandisk SD cards. Camera hasn't frozen once (as described in other reviews).

Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5
5 megapixels • 2 screen • 35 – 420 mm (12×)
Announced: Jan 21, 2005
duemilling's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow