Started Dec 2, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jvanland
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
HP Photosmart M22 review
Dec 2, 2005

I'm an architect and wanted a very portable camera to use in lots of circumstances - inside and outside of finished buildings, details, construction sites, client workspaces, meetings, etc. This camera is excellent for the purpose. Cost and size were minimized by elimination of optical zoom but the 4 megapixel image stands enlargement and captures great closeup detail. Best point/shoot digital I've had for indoor shots without a flash. Color fidelity is pretty good and manual selection of light source makes it better. Water-resistance is a plus.

Problems:

Sliding front door protects the optics nicely but I thumb-print the lens frequently. When turning on the camera, it is possible to retain any manual adjusments previously made, but holding in the back button while simultaneously sliding open the front cover takes some practice. Ate batteries until I discovered the HP web site had a downloadable firmware upgrade. Battery life much improved but use the movie mode sparingly. When will HP make interface software for modestly competent grownups? Just download and store, don't need flowered picture frames, thank you. But the only way to get sound recording on stills is if you let their software take over your computer. I'd buy this camera again but all these gripes are fixable if HP would listen to their customers and put a junior engineer on it for a couple of weeks.

jvanland's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow