Started Dec 4, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bharshbarger
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus IR-300 review
Dec 4, 2005

Every year I shop for a new digital camera for one of my family members. This time it's for my wife's christmas present. I looked high(not slr) and low. I went to at least 5 different stores, talked with the sales people, played with various models(samsung, ricoh, nikon, canon, olympus, and panasonic), read the reviews on dpreview, and checked out the prices.

I found, I wanted the functionality of the Canon S2 but needed something that could easily be taken along. So it wasn't going to be the S2-it just isn't going to fit in a purse.

Then, I saw the Olympus IR-300. Realizing that no camera was going to give me everything I wanted, I opted for looks and carrying convenience. It's well built, controls nicely placed, has a nice display...and it's atractively styled. It also comes as a complete package with a docking station. My search momentarily over, I am now waiting for the Canon S2 with a larger LCD for myself.

Problems:

It's a christmas present. I will be back after the 25th to update my comments.

Bharshbarger's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow