Started Dec 5, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ndrew73
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio S4 review
Dec 5, 2005

This is my 2nd superCompact camera (4th overall camera after a FujiFilm, Kodak and ultracompact CannonSD200). After reading reviews, I can tell most people know what they are talking about and judge the camera correctly. This camera is not better nor worse than the Ultra compact cameras (not too many) in its class, I did some research (Fall2005) and found this camera to be the SMALLEST on the market!!! Pls someone prove me wrong.
Only If you are an experienced photographer (and read the manual) your review has value. I am NOT but this is my review:
the colour response is better than average,
sharpness is average
auto WhiteBalance is average
autofocus is average
An excellent pic can be easily taken with this camera but you must know how to counter the given lighting, depth conditions and basically pay attention to what the camera's LCD is telling you. Sometimes other Point-and-Shoot type cameras I had appeared to have taken better pics under same conditions even with lower MPixels. And its true that the slowest exposure doesnt go below 1/8 sec(so just use NightMode), but I can tell you for sure that after my trip to the Nevis Peak in the Caribbean I could barely feel the camera in my pocket and the pictures I took gave me a world of joy upon my arrival! The design of the battery cover on a hardened rubber is not flimsy but actually unbreakable.

Problems:

I havent encountered any

Ndrew73's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow