Started Dec 30, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
imlammothion
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix S9000 Zoom / Fujifilm FinePix S9500 review
Dec 30, 2005

After 3 weeks waiting i finally received my camera. during the waiting i read some post of people complaining about image quality, performance, and other stuff. I sarted to be affraid that i made a bad choise in buying this camera, beacuse i wanted a camera that delivered good image quality without needing to PP.
After taking nearly 1000 shot´s in only 2 days (uncluding test shot´s using all diferent parameters) i really have to say that there must be some defective s9500 out there. At low Iso´s the images are as good as my D70. Using High-Speed Shotting in good light conditions, this camera focus extremly fast. If the object is too close to use this feature, just press the macro button and it will focus with no problem.
Raw mode is amazing delivering an excelent 18 Mp picture.
Excelent colours, fast performance, fastest prosumer camera autofocus, lot´s of features, very nice video mode.
After testing Sony R1, and pannasonic FZ30 i concluded that this is the best non SLR out there. Not the best in all aspect´s, but certainly the most balanced.

Problems:

Of course there are come things that i would like to see improved.
Most off all already mentioned by other user´s

Wishlist:
Raw mode in the F menu
A fine mode for all resolutions
Ability to review the picture and delete it before recording to the card.
The shift button from the s602z

Prob´s:
Low light focus not as fast as i would like.
F2.8 in tele would be nice since there is no IS sistem.

imlammothion's gear list:imlammothion's gear list
Sigma 18-125mm F3.8-5.6 DC HSM
imlammothion's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow