Started Jan 7, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djb2
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Minolta DiMAGE A1 review
Jan 7, 2006

Have been using this camera (my first digital camera purchase) for 2 years and have been enjoying the results. It took me some time to become familiar with the many features available. I even attended a short professionally conducted course on the use of digital cameras to explore and encourage my use of the many on board features to best advantage.

I bought the camera because I believed it would provide good quality fixed lens prosumer coverage for landscape and architectural subjects. This has proven to be an accurate assessment- I have even managed to win recognition in local amateur competitions with some of my landscape shots.

The biggest cons in use of the camera for me have included;

1. Auto focus has a mind of its own - it can at times focus on insignificant items in the field of view. You need to be vigilant and patient to get sharp shots.

2. Have not been able to achieve satisfactory results using manual focus.

3. On board flash unit appears only useful for fill flash purposes. I have bought a remote Minolta flash unit and found it produces great results.

4. There is no option for a 3:2 postcard image format. I see Minolta have rectifiied this in later models.

On balance I have found the camera relatively easy and great fun to use. While it is now an outdated model I see no reason yet to upgrade.

djb2's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow