Started Jan 12, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bpepper
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax Optio WPi review
Jan 12, 2006

I bought this camera on Dec. 12th, flew to Australia the next day. I bought this camera to be used when it wasn't practical to carry my D-SLR. Picture quality seems great, the LCD screen is large and bright.

Problems:

Camera worked great for a couple of weeks, took it into the water numerous times. Eventually though I believe it got water into it and has since stopped working. We'll see what Pentax does about it. I never took it below the maximum depth, probably never close.

Jan. 19/05
I just heard back from the Camera store I purchased this at, they told me Pentax has voided my warranty due to water damage! It's a waterproof camera that was used within the parameters set by Pentax! I am waiting to hear what the Pentax rep. has to say about this, if they refuse to fix it I am going to freak!

Update(April 17/06): It has been 4 months since this camera quit working and I still have not received an answer as to what they are going to do about it. I could have used this camera numerous times since then and I am very disappointed with the way I have been treated by Pentax.

bpepper's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow