Started Jan 13, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Jardine
Senior MemberPosts: 1,235Gear list
Like?
Nikon D200 review
Jan 13, 2006

I have had this camera since just before Christmas and took it on a long drive from New Orleans to Seattle. It's a beautiful camera. My cousin, a professional photographer using the 5D, commented on how much more well built the D200 is. Coming from using the D70, this has a much more simple and intuitive menu structure and controls; particularly I like being able to change ISO as easily as changing shutter speeds and aperture settings (this is the way it should be) and having bracketing available on the fly. The 5 fps mode is SO FAST that they also offer a 3 fps setting which most people will find more than adequate. I was going to use my D70 as a backup but now I'm thinking to simply get another D200 body.

Problems:

Everyone is asking me about the D200 - people I see on the street, even - so I used black electrical tape to tape over the Nikon logo and the D200 logo.

Michael Jardine's gear list:Michael Jardine's gear list
Nikon D800 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Michael Jardine's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow