ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrNikomat
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix F401 Zoom review
Jan 19, 2006

Now it's dead.
Was a very good camera, for ease of use and image quality.
Bought it in march 2003 (399 Euro), used it for more than 3000 shots.
Nice look, nice metal body, very good battery life, good speed, very nice colors, image sharp enough for print on A4 sheets, with low noise.

Problems:

Artifacts when used at max res (4mp).
The real problem is that it died, at the end of august, 2005. All the camera works, but it cant capture images; the screen became black, is only possible to play images u store in the memory card. The problem seem to be the same of "Yellowdfp"(see mail).
In october, 2004, the zoom switch broken, fitted in warranty (2 years in EEC).
I must say: I've got 5 film reflex cameras (Nikomat FT- 1965/67, Contax RTS-1975/80, Yashica FX3- 1980/82, Zenith ET- bought in 1992, Chinon CE Memotron - 1976?), 1 viewfinder (Fed 5b - 1980?), 1 compact camera (Olympus Mju-Stylus - bought in 2000) and 1 folding 6x6 (Zeiss Ikon Ikonta - 1950?); they are all still working with minor fittinigs (Yashica and Nikomat)!
Now I've 2 new digital cameras, a Canon S60 (very good) and a Minolta F300 (nice but slow, noisy pictures even at 100 ISO) bought in the last 2 years: I hope they'll last a little bit more.
It's a shame a so expensive, nice and brand new camera died so easy!

MrNikomat's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow