Started Feb 5, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Flwrpwr
Contributing MemberPosts: 620Gear list
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-P505 review
Feb 5, 2006

This is an amazing little camera...pure and simple! Its ability to shoot macro shots at 1cm, easy menu system, well-placed exterior button controls, great feature set, which includes an assortment of colored filters PLUS a ND filter, full manual controls, 5x interior zoom lens (threaded, by the way), and swing-out/swivel 2" LCD and its tiny size, make this a little gem of a camera. It needs to be kept at ISO 50 for its best quality photos, so if you enjoy shooting in low light without flash, this is not the camera for you. However, for outdoor photography, it's great! I recently took some photos at an Ostrich Farm (a "tourist stop") and the owner was so impressed with the quality of the photos that she wants to pay me to reproduce them for postcards to sell there.

I don't shoot video, so won't comment on this area (you can look up reviews about this camera's feature on the Internet).

This is what it doesn't have:
No viewfinder, so looking at the LCD in bright sunlight can be a problem...unless you are fortunate to have an old "Hoodman" Sunshade that works quite well with its elastic band fitted around the LCD.

No Multi-shot mode.

No Image Stabilization.

No separate "Review" button, so you have to turn the mode dial to "Review" to see your photo...a slight inconvenience.

I found a price of $249(+tx), but even at more than that, I would still consider this camera an excellent buy.

Problems:

None...other than those mentioned above.

Flwrpwr's gear list:Flwrpwr's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P510 Nikon D5100
Flwrpwr's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow