Started Feb 7, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GCTonyHawk7
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Samsung Digimax 401 review
Feb 7, 2006

This is a rather small, but not overly decent digital camera. This is my first camera, so it is hard to compaire it to others. Though I've used a good bit of cameras, and this is probably one of the worst.

It has a nice 4-megapixel resolution. The pictures are ok after you spend some time editing on the computer. Very noisy, and often cool-colored pictures. Generally bad quality except for Macro mode. Although not very close, the macro takes nice sharp, crisp pictures.

The videos are pretty much useless. If you use it outdoors, the videos are good enough to kind of see what is going on. But at 320 x 240, and about 10 FPS, they are not so good. And with the dark previewing image screen, it can be hard to see what you are doing. The videos also turn out almost entirely black when indoors.

I suppose it is ok for my first digi-cam, but I'm looking forward to the day I get a new one for sure. Probably will never use it again once that day comes.

Problems:

There is a good list of issues I've found with this camera.

-Very slow. Usually takes about 16 seconds to turn on and charge flash. About 6-10 seconds between each picture.

-Not sure how low, but very low resolution rather small screen. When using it on your TV, it is pretty much useless, as you can clearly see every pixel.

-Dark viewing mode. Even in rather bright rooms, all you can really see is slight colors, but mostly only light bulbs. Bad for indoors.

GCTonyHawk7's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow