Started Feb 14, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrPelikin
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax Optio WPi review
Feb 14, 2006

I've been using a Nikon E995 (3.5MP), and wanted an upgrade to an Ultra-compact happy-snap camera. I bought the WPi for the waterproof feature.
Apart from being a little fiddly to learn, all the supplied features seem ok. But what really lets this camera down is the "image quality", or precisely the total lack of image quality. Pictures that look ok when viewed on the on-camera display, or that look ok when viewed fit-to-screen (1280x1024), look absolutely terrible when viewed "actual size". The images are really blurry/fuzzy with very poor edge definition.
Unless my one is a (particularly) bad apple from the bunch, this is one camera I would recommend people steer clear of.

Problems:

Pictures that look ok when viewed on the on-camera display, or that look ok when viewed fit-to-screen (1280x1024), look absolutely terrible when viewed "actual size". The images are really blurry/fuzzy with very poor edge definition.
(6mp, *** mode)

MrPelikin's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow