Started Feb 24, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mitchell Garnett
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Ricoh Caplio R3 review
Feb 24, 2006

I bought 2 - one for my travel bag and one for my wife. Like the wide zoom range, small physical size. Not using as my primary camera, just the one that is always available when I travel as sometimes I don't take the SLR kit on business trips.

Problems:

UPDATE: Since getting both cameras back from repair of the lens guard about 1 month ago, I have put them through many, many on/off cycles - and so far there have been no further problems. Maybe this was a manufacturing issue that is now resolved.

Both cameras have had problems with the lens guard (as Ricoh's US repair depot referred to the lens cover). After only a little use, each camera developed the same problem: when turning the camera on, the lens cover elements separated and stopped working as a unit leaving one or two segments dangling in front of the lens. First camera repaired under warranty - second one being shipped now. If it happens again, I'm inclined to have the repair tech just remove the pieces and resort to something else as a lens cover (if this is possible). Despite this rant, I'm otherwise happy with the camera - it just might not be robust enough for my wife's use.

Mitchell Garnett's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow