Started Mar 11, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Garry Black
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Pentax Optio 60 review
Mar 11, 2006

Good size, fine lens, fine colours and good price. I bought this device several days ago, already read a plenty of reviews. Some users are happy of using this camera as a second or third photocamera. I don't share their opinions, probably because of poor focus functionality. Good lens quality compensated by awful JPEG artefacts and sharping algorithms (most users recommended to decrease sharping in menu). So, making photo-portraits using this camera can cause a lot of work in photoshop afterwards. White balance also adds work.
Possible error in database - existance of manual focus - the only way to set focus manually - focus mode selector. If you use viewfinder, you will not get even sound confirmation of successfull autofocus.
I can compare this device with Pentax Optio 750Z, which have ideal characteristics for small form-factor. Optio60 has a half of features 750Z. Ergonomic also loses, strap is much shorter, but longer than needed for one hand. I had to buy a long strap.
When tried to playback recorded video, got to know, that there is not any speaker. My favourite mode-manual with soft sharpness.

Problems:

A problem of big power consumtion appeared. Fully charged baterries (1700mAh) got exhausted after 30-35 shots with flash. I found the description of this problem at russian pentax club forum - warranty repair probably is needed, or problem with batteries/charger.
Second - camera does not write correct "Orientation" in EXIF.
Third problem - ACDSEE for Pentax software, which gives a lot of errors when working on a computer with DEP activated in WinXP SP2.

Garry Black's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow